Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Lasso A Stamp Set Contest Entry

Well here it is.  My layout using the CTMH convention 2012 postcard.  Between making this layout and a CTMH unit meeting yesterday I am super excited and counting down the days to convention.

Polish Your Boots Layout
  • I used a sheet of daisy white cs for the backing
  • cut 1 pc sunset dot B&T (from "Dotty For You") to 6x12 and 1 pc of the blue print from "Stella"
  • I had to scan and print the backside of the postcard so that I was able to use both sides.  I ended up cutting off the outside (lagoon) edge of the postcard and using glitz gel on the white part to make it pop better
  • the squares in the top right corner are 2 1/2 inches each.  I downloaded all three logos from a google image search and changed them from their original colors to the brownish/orange in Microsoft Word.
  • Both the Texas and the boots are WPC files that I cut from my Pazzles.  Dallas is marked with a sunset button brad topped with a tiny lagoon star



  • The boots, the squares & the straps are both heavily distressed cardstock that has been sanded & inked to resemble "leather" .  I backed the boots with lagoon cs.  For the straps on the spurs I cut thin strips of the same "leather" paper and crumpled it SEVERAL times, then I inked it in black after flattening it out .  I used tiny silver jump rings from the jewelry department to connect the straps.  The spurs are the ONLY thing I would change on this layout.  I punched a starburst from a piece of silver "not shiny" paper that I have had in my stash for many, many years....If I happen to run across a small, silver, metal object that looks like a spur I WILL change them out.


So, What do you think?  Is this layout "Free Stamp Set" worthy?

2 comments:

Blogging tips