Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Getting Started on my CTMH Contest Album 2013

Well....it's that time of the year again.  According to my CTMH convention countdown clock over there on my right side bar CONVENTION IS IN JUST 43 DAYS!!!

Each year CTMH has an ALBUM CONTEST for those attending convention.  Last year (at my first convention) 
I decided to make an album to enter.  I made the decision at pretty much the last minute and spent the two weeks 
before I left for Dallas scrapping till the wee hours of the morning.  
It was SOOO worth it, I made it into the finalist and had my album displayed "in the room"......

but even better, in the finished product, I have an album that I lovingly began referring to as "my labor of love".   I truly believe will be THE ONE that my children fight over someday!

This is the link to my 2012 Album "The Stars Shine Bright"


Well.....Here we go again!  43 DAYS!  and I haven't gotten past the planning stages yet.  I actually have ideas for TWO different albums floating around in my brain and can't decide on which one.   I want to focus more closely on the RULES while I'm working on this year's "labor of love"


THIS is where you come in my dear bloggy friends!  Take a look at my album from 2012 and let me know what YOU think I need to improve upon and keep in mind during the creation of my 2013 entry.  The RULES (I copy & pasted the rules below) were very similar to this year, the only difference being that last year the theme was "Stars".


With all that being said....if I am MIA a bit during the next 43 DAYS....
well that's because I will be staying off the computer and 




“VIVA!” Album Contest


With the theme “VIVA!”, we are looking for albums that embrace the theme of “LIVE” in unique ways. How you translate that theme onto your pages is completely up to you!
The album contest is a fantastic way to document memories and challenge your creativity all while being recognized, and possibly rewarded, for your efforts.

There are no specific components for each layout; however, we will be judging the albums on their creative interpretation of the theme through titling, journaling, photography, and unique use of product.

RULES

  • Create 5 two-page 12" × 12" layouts.
  • Use Close To My Heart products. No products from other scrapbooking, stamping, or craft companies will be permitted. Exceptions will include found objects (fabrics, zippers, office supplies, etc.) Please note that if it is something Close To My Heart carries (buttons, ribbons, etc.) you will be required to use our product over others on the market.
  • You do not need to send your album to Close to My Heart, unless you prefer that we bring your album to Convention. Albums can be submitted onsite and must be turned in to the Information Booth no later than 7:00pm on Wednesday, June 26, 2013. You must submit the actual layouts (no electronic submissions). If you choose to send your layouts to the corporate office, submissions must be postmarked by Monday, June 3, 2013. Mail your entry to:
    Close To My Heart
    Album Contest
    1199 West 700 South
    Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
  • Layout patterns can be your own creation; however, it is not required. All patterns from Cherish™, Imagine™, Reflections® and Magic™ are welcome.
  • In order to enter the contest, you must be registered for Convention 2013, and you must be present to win.

AREAS OF FOCUS

  • Photography: quality photos (lighting, contrast, focus, etc.)
  • Journaling: all layouts must include some form of journaling
  • Creative techniques: unique uses of Close To My Heart products
  • Color: unique color combinations and color coordination between photos, papers, and embellishments

PRIZES

The top 5 albums will be on display for Consultants to judge at Convention. Close To My Heart will award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. A Consultants’ Choice prize will also be awarded. (Consultants’ Choice winner may also be one of the prize winners.) Winners will be announced at Convention. You must be present to win. Products awarded will be determined and selected by Close To My Heart

1ST PLACE

Close To My Heart products valued at
$1,250 US

2ND PLACE

Close To My Heart products valued at
$750 US

3RD PLACE

Close To My Heart products valued at
$300 US

CONSULTANTS’ CHOICE

$500 US cash




















Of course the ultimate goal is to win one of those prizes but my personal goal is to meet the challenge of
1. Finishing an album I will cherish
2. I'd REALLY like to make it "into the room" again!

Participating in the "Anything Goes Linky Party" at Sew Crafty Angel
Linking to Fluster's Creative Muster #20
Oh What a HAPPY Day Link Party! @ Not Done Growing
Pimp-Out/Showcase Hop!!! @ Deezy Does It!


16 comments:

  1. Hi Carolyn. I am so glad we connected. I am following you via GFC and bloglovin. I look forward to sharing scrapbooking projects and ideas with you!
    Leslie
    The Memory Nest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie, Thank YOU for stopping by & for choosing to follow. Here's to lots of scraplifting & craftiness in our future!
      Carolyn @ iamthecraftylady.com

      Delete
  2. Carolyn I am so glad I stopped by and am now following you,all I can say is wow,it's so wonderful from this little island and my computer to be able to see such wonderful talent,I may steal some of your ideas!!!

    Dorothy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the internet a wonderful place full of crafty inspiration....I'm not quite sure HOW we lived without it :-)
      Carolyn @ iamthecraftylady.com

      Delete
  3. Carolyn, Enjoy getting crafty. I wish I was a crafty gal, but only in the kitchen. thanks for stopping by to say hello and for liking my apple pie simmering pot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Marlene....being crafty in the kitchen is a VERY "Good Thing"....I KNOW my kiddos which that is where my talents lay.....They don't quite believe the stories from back before they were born....I actually went to school to be a CHEF! I took a little detour in being the family breadwinner by being a car salesman....I'm now trying to reclaim my inner domestic diva....if I could just remember how to turn that dag gum stove on :-)
      Carolyn @ iamthecraftylady.com

      Delete
  4. Hey Carolyn, I'm glad you stopped by my little nail heaven =p Following you now and I'm excited to see more about "the one" album- i used to be way more into scrapbooking than I am right now...I really need to revisit that love. Catch you lady craftylady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phoebe, I was just painting my toes and I thought about you! I can get the base color on BARELY....maybe when my daughter gets home from school I will have her add a stripe....or some BLING....YES! Bling....that's what I want...REALLY should be scrapping....thank you so much for stopping by!
      Carolyn @ iamthecraftylady.com

      Delete
  5. Wow! Beautiful album. I too, am Texas born, but raised as a military brat never staying in one place long. You are right your kids are going to love this and treasure it for many years to come. Wish I was going to convention with you, but I'm in Japan and just can't afford that trip right now. Can't wait for you to share with us your newest entry. Wishing you much luck!
    Theresa Amlong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa, are by any chance the CTMH rep that was stationed in Japan LAST year during convention...that followed my updated via blog? I went a bit crazy posting random pictures...I had JUST created my blog and figured out that I could post pictures directly to it from my brand new Galaxy S3....I'm deciding now if I will do that again or just do one update every night with the random pictures going to my fb page....perhaps if I have time I will figure out the whole twitter thing....SO GLAD you stopped by for a visit!
      Carolyn @ iamthecraftylady.com

      Delete
  6. You did a really great job! Thank you for sharing this on Fluster's Creative Muster Party!

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is great!!!!
    Thank you for joining us this week at Deezy Does It! Love the honorable mention to gain more attention. Greatly appreciate it! Surely hope you will continue coming back. If you wish to be spotlighted, please let me know. I have dates available starting in July :-)
    xx xo
    Deezy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deezy, I would LOVE to be spotlighted but I have SOOO much on my plate right now. CTMH convention (gotta get my 2013 album done), then in July my baby boy is GETTING MARRIED!!!, the very next week I am a vendor at a charity crop....and of course I have to have paper crafty stuff for all of these events....and...I still need to find SHOES LOL (FINALLY got the wedding outfit....just need SHOES!!!) I will get with you at the begining of August when I THINK life will get back to a somewhat normal pace again :-)
      Carolyn @ iamthecraftylady.com

      Delete
    2. I will for sure hang tight until things slow down for you!!! Congratulations on your baby boy getting married :-)
      Please remember to breathe.. hehehe!
      xx xo,
      Deezy

      Delete
  8. Hi Carolyn
    Thanks so much for coming to my blog hop. Your project is very important, you can cook later
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you the best of luck in the contest---I think you are quite talented!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips