Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

TIME TO CELEBRATE

Today is Wednesday, May 8, 2013

and YES it is "Party Time" in SOOO very many ways

 

My beautiful daughter Madison turns 16 today

My oh my WHERE has the time gone?  She is a joy.  Quirky & funny, with a quick dry wit, and oh so brilliant....it is so inspiring to watch as she chooses which path in life to take.

I am celebrating my "Gave Birth Day"

Don't you just LOVE that term?  A dear friend introduced me to the concept a few years ago.   Since then I have never spent the birthday of a child sad & blue but instead celebrating & rejoycing 

Today is Fluster's Creative Muster Linky Party

In honor of Madison I am going to feature this layout which I just finished over the weekend as part of the Big Picture Classes National Scrapbook Day Challenges.  I entered this one in these challenges:
CHALLENGE #4:
Use a sketch to create a multiple-photo layout.   They provided us with this sketch

CHALLENGE #6:
Instead of falling back on your usual techniques and supplies, take a creative hike and try to mix up your next project I created the title in WORD instead of using the cricut or pazzles like I normally do....and all that white (yellow) space....just feels kinda naked....but hey, I'm TRYING to scrap outside of the box!


THIS IS THE LAYOUT I CAME UP WITH

I hope you all find something YOU can celebrate in life today

9 comments:

  1. Very nice way to scrapbook! I've never tried it, but I do like the idea of clicking instead of gluing. Thanks for stopping by to visit at Chronically Content :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, thanks for stopping by....this layout IS all traditional scrapping except the title and the journaling ON the pictures...and the only reason i varied from the sketch was that I kept messing up on the cutting of the pictures and kept having to recut and recut. I DID do two ALL DIGITAL layouts that I plan to post in the next couple of days.

      Delete
  2. Such a thoughtful girl to donate her locks!! So inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by Kim....yes, we are very proud of her <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun challenge! Happy Madison and Happy Gave Birth Day Carolyn. Thank you for sharing on Fluster's Creative Muster.

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love scrapbooking; if only I could find time to keep up with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for visiting Ashley, I can only imagine with THREE little ones. There was a 7 year space between my first and second BUT there is only 17 months between #2 & #3 "SURPRISE"!!! You could possibly look into digital scrapbooking. CTMH offers a wonderful version called studio J that is FREE to play with (you don't pay till you actually place an order for the pages. As a traditional scrapper I was leery until they challenged us to USE it before convention last year. I was so thrilled with the results I just couldn't believe it. You can find a link to Studio J on my right sidebar if you are ever interested.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday Madison!!!! You have a terrific Mom and it obviously rubbed off for you to do such a fabulously thoughtful thing as donating your hair. Hugs,
    ~Deb~
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, thank you so much for the visit and the sweet comments! But I must admit MOMMY wasn't feeling quite so generous that day.....I was the one kicking and screaming & throwing a fit that day :-) 15 years of memories tied up in that pony tail THAT THEY CUT OFF!!!

      Delete

Blogging tips